Download the full survey as: HTML
(592k zipped) | Word (772k)
| PDF (652k)
IV. WIDELY ACCEPTED
LOCAL GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
Local government has a long
history of regulating private actions to provide for a more livable
and safe society. The following are a few examples of these governmental
- Dogs must be on a leash.
- Owners must clean up after their dog.
- Billboards may be restricted and regulated.
- Smoking is prohibited in most facilities.
- Excessive noise from car radios, barking
dogs and parties is prohibited.
- Dangerous fireworks are banned.
- Flammable brush must be cleared.
- Surfboarding is prohibited in swimming areas
- Burning of leaves and/or yard waste is prohibited.
- Hours of operation of noise making activities
- Building and zoning codes regulate use of
- Swimming pools must be fenced to protect
- Swimming pool spas must have two floor drains
to reduce the possibility of an occupant being held under
water by suction from a single drain.
- Sliding doors and certain large windows must
be safety glass.
- Elevators and boilers must have safety inspections.
- Health practitioners must be licensed to
work in certain areas.